Race Log Web uses the following definitions for penalties as specified in the Racing Rules 2017-2020. Race Log Web automatically computes the score for each penalty based on your settings in the Scoring Methods pages for your scoring method. -->> Example - if 'DNS' has setting of '1' on Method page, then penatly points will be 1 more than the number of Entrants in the fleet, or 1 more than the number of Starters in a racer. The "Entrants" or "Starters" designation can be set in the Scoring Methods pages.
See the Help page for your Scoring Method to learn more about each of the following Penalties.
Penalties (according to Racing Rules 2017-2020):
- DNF: Did Not Finish
enter 'DNF' in finish field
- DNS: Did Not Start - came to starting area
enter 'DNS' in finish field
- RET: Retired After Finish
enter 'RET' in finish field
- DSQ: Disqualified
enter 'DSQ' in finish field
- BFD: Black Flag Disqualified
enter 'BFD' in finish field
- UFD: U Flag Disqualified
enter 'UFD' in finish field
- ZFP: Z Flag, Scoring Penalty Applied (Low Point Method only)
enter 'Z' followed by finish in finish field - example 'Z12' - penalty will be calculated
- SCP: Scoring Penalty Applied (Low Point Method only)
enter 'S' followed by finish in finish field - example 'S5' - penalty will be calculated
- OCS: Disqualified - over early
enter 'OCS' in finish field
- DNE: Disqualified Not Excludable -Race Log Web will not allow this to be Thrown Out,
enter 'DNE' in finish field
- DPI: Discretionaly Penalty - enter Over-ride points
enter 'D' followed by points in finish field
- example 'D3.2'
- RDG: Redress Given - enter Over-ride points,
enter 'R' followed by points in finish field - example 'R7.0'
- DNC: Did Not Compete - did not come to the starting area,
enter 'DNC' or leave finish field blank - Racelog will automatically assumer DNC and display in report